Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Taste of Spring?






Gosh, yesterday was such a beautiful sunny day...it was almost like spring! I have noticed some of my daylilies starting to peek out of the ground. Dallen played Jr. Jazz Basketball this winter, and got a free ticket to the Jazzgame last night. Mom and Dad got tickets so they could go with him. I am sure they had a terrific time! I do know that the Jazz won...and it was a special game. Larry H. Miller, the owner of the Jazz passed away a few days ago, and his wife was given the game ball. I know Kim will tell us about that special night when they get home. Mandi tended the girls, and we all went out in the hills to look for pretty rocks, get some excercise & fresh air, and roast a hot dog. It was so nice to be outdoors! The breeze was a bit cool, so we needed our jackets (at least I did!), but it was wonderful. Sisi left a trail with her walking stick for Saige to follow, so she wouldn't get lost. Rylie dug a long trench in the sand, and they buried the left-over Christmas tree branches from the back of Pappo's truck. They even poured a bottle of water over them so they would grow! All of the girls helped Pappo build the fire, so we could roast a hot dog. Pretty rocks were everywhere, and they all came home with pant pockets and jacket pockets full of them! All but Sierra fell asleep in the truck on the way home! Guess it was a great day!

1 comment:

  1. HOW FUN!!! SOUNDS LIKE A GREEEAT TIME!!! I'M SAD I MISSED IT!! ;) I'm getting SO anxious to go out fishing & camping!!! I can HARDLY WAIT!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete