Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Well, we had a fun week! On Friday the 6th, we joined the bishopric in going to the St. George Temple and then having dinner before heading home. Saturday, we went to Kim & Jeff's for a yummy dinner of Navajo tacos. Kim's are so delicious...I always eat way too much. And of course I can't resist a scone with honey butter! She also made a $100.00 cake (my favorite) for my birthday. Buddy & Tammi's family came, and brought Jessie with them. Mandi & girls came after she got off of work. So, Kim had a full house with us and all of our kids. (Jake & Mike didn't make it) It was a fun evening. I took Monday off work to be lazy and have a nap, but Mandi wanted me to go to St. George with her and the girls. I probably would have felt guilty, and ended up cleaning house if I'd stayed home anyway! We got into the worst blizzard ever...on our way down there! We couldn't see 10 feet ahead of us. She is a good driver, and the farther we went, the more the snow let up. So, we kept on going instead of turning around and returning home. She bought us lunch at Fazoli's, and we did some shopping before heading home. On Valentine's day, Lloyd & I decided to go to dinner somewhere. We called Buddy, and ended up going to Cedar City to go to dinner with them and their kids. We had steak at Appleby's & hit Walmart for a couple of things. Then we stopped by Mom's and took her a box of candy. Gary and boys were there, and we had a nice visit with them all. We had a quick stop at Jessie & Mike's before heading home. She had baked some excellent Valentine cookies, and gave us a few. YUM! We got dad a box of Valentine chocolate cherries (his favorite)for his valentine. Anyway, it was a fun week. Hope you all had a happy Valentines Day with some of those you hold dearest in your heart!

1 comment:

  1. Cute background!! That's pretty bad when I just read more about your last week than I've heard in person :( !!
    Love Ya! Kim

    ReplyDelete