Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hope your Holidays were HAPPY!


Mom, Lloyd & I, Gary & Michelle, Sid and Patti (Gosh we're getting old!); Mom, grandkids & great-grandkids; new beannies!




Gosh, I am still trying to get the hang of 'blogging'! I have to call one of the girls and holler help every now and then...but I think I am getting there. I hope you all had a very happy Christmas and holiday season, we sure did. All but Buddy & Tami's family came for dinner on Christmas day. Then, they came over for the day after New Years. We got to see all the kids & grandkids, my parents, and sisters sometime during the holiday, so we were happy. Every year, my sisters, mom, I and all of our families have a Christmas party. We started it when Kim was about 8 years old, and we choose a different country to learn about. We find out how they celebrate Christmas, make a craft or do something of their tradition, and cook their recipes for dinner. Some have been very fun and good...others were really different! This year was at Chelle's, and they chose Romania. It was pretty good, even the food wasn't bad. We FINALLY got a white Christmas! I have been wishing and dreaming of that for quite a few years now. We used to have them alot, but the past 5 years or so have been mostly dry. Anyway, I sewed about 17 beanies for all the kids and younger adults, and took them to the party. It was a fun project! Santa brought us a Wii for Christmas, and we had lots of fun with that. I got a 'wii fit' with it, so I have been trying to find some time to work off those extra pounds I acquired!! Dad, Lloyd and I bowled so much the first couple of days...that our arms were sore. I have found that the grandkids are much better at it than I am. Even the 4 year olds can beat me at tennis! I need to practice alot more! Dad got a Nintendo game Cube, and is getting really good at billiards. Well,I hope your holidays were great, and the New Year is a prosperous one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment