Thursday, January 1, 2009

In The Beginning...

Lloyd and I met in 1972. It was kinda like love at first sight...for me anyway. He was a tall, dark- haired, handsome cowboy with beautiful eyes. I was head-over-heels in love. We were married a year later. After living in Cedar City, Utah for a few months, we lived in Las Vegas for a few months with his folks. The city was not for us, so he found a job (thanks to my step-dad Ben) he thought he would like at the sawmill in Fredonia, Arizona. We lived in Glendale, Utah for a few months, but it was a 45 mile trip for him twice a day to work. I was expecting our first child, so we decided to move to Kanab, Utah...which was just over the border from Arizona, and a 9 mile mile drive. We lived in a mobile home for our first 5 years, and then built a house. Kanab was/is a great place to raise a family. It was a small town, with good values and people who care about each other. We were blessed with four very special children...one son & 3 daughters. They are what we live for! Our kids grew up being able to hike the red hills, and were able to walk to school, swimming pool, park, and baseball field. They could ride their bikes to the grocery store or gas station, to spend their allowance on penny candy. They could walk or ride their bikes to play with their friends. As often as we could, we got out in the hills and explored our 'back-yard'. We spent many hours as a family enjoying each other and nature ... on picnics, wiener roasts, rock collecting, hunting, fishing, and camping. We never had money for fancy vacations. I was lucky enough to be a stay-at-home mom and raise my own kids. I did some sewing and babysitting over the years for some extra cash. How grateful I am that I have a hard-working, dedicated husband to allow me that wonderful treasure of being a full time mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment