Thursday, January 1, 2009

36 Years Later...

Well...as a new year begins, I am trying my hand at this blogging thing. I am not too computer savvy, so I will have to get plenty of help from my girls & daughter-in-law Tami...who is our professional blogger. I can hardly believe that Lloyd & I have been married for nearly 36 years! Wow...how have we put up with each other that long? Maybe we are just too orinery for anyone else to put up with!!! As I look back on the past year, I thank the Lord for all of our many blessings He has provided. We have all had enough food to eat, a roof over our heads, jobs, and family closeness that many have not enjoyed. No horrible disasters, illnesses, or turmoil have threatened us. I hope for an equally good year in 2009. With the world affairs like they are, and a new president for our U.S., we can only wonder what lays in store. I look to our church leaders for guidance and faith to see us through whatever is to come. One of my cousins' grown sons was electricuted by 15,000 volts of electricity in mid December, and is fighting for his life. I cannot imagine the despair and pain that they are all going through right now. We pray for Corey's continued recovery. Many prayers are with him, and I know the Lord hears them all. We have had alot of snow the past 3 weeks...and may get more this week-end. I have dreamed of a white Christmas for quite a few years now...and was so thrilled to get it. We hadn't had snow for Christmas since 199????! Anyway, I loved it and we could sure use some more. We have been in drought conditions for a lot of years also. Well, I will try to work on this later, but I do wish you all the best New Year ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment